The Youth to Work program seeks to hire young, enthusiastic professionals who are looking for an opportunity to learn new business and consulting skills, apply them in a real business environment, and give back to the community.
- Conduct an in-depth audit of the enterprise’s strengths and areas for development in one of the following three areas: operations, finance or sales and marketing.
- Develop an action plan based on your analysis to help the enterprise to improve and prepare for growth.
- Work closely with the Challenges staff and enterprise leadership team to deliver the action plan.
- Deliver capacity building sessions which improve the SGBs partnerships, communication and opportunities.
- Deliver key employment readiness workshops to university students.
- Be between 21 to 30 years of age or 21 to 35 for persons with disabilities
- Have an understanding of business and finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience and/or hold a relevant university degree
- Relevant work experience including previous internship, voluntary work etc.
- Good communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interest in small business development, enterprises and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to training and placement
- Ability to commit to the placement full-time and 2 weeks pre-placement training
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
- Please note that Youth to Work is only available for residents of UGANDA, ZAMBIA and GHANA
- A comprehensive 2 week training program in professional consulting and business improvement skills
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement
- Ongoing training, mentoring and support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- Unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of a enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set to improving your employability
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
- You will be invited to the next round of the recruitment process.
- You will be required to travel to and from the business placement location as well as the training place.
- You will be required to commit 100% of your time during the placement.
- You will be held to a code of conduct throughout the program placement, which will be made available to you at the first day of your training.
Click here to apply