An indigenous business called Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) was founded to provide the Nigerian oil and gas industry a distinctive variety of services. We enter this market with the intention of increasing the meager capacity already present domestically. There is a desperate need for additional indigenous businesses to fill the gap by giving the industry competition and high-quality service delivery, especially in light of the immense prospects that the oil and gas sector offers in Nigeria and the recent discoveries in other African nations.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety standards.
- Identify hazardous wastes and oversee to the disposal of it.
- Practice safe working techniques.
- Promote Safety initiatives.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Promotes safety and awareness among OEMs and Contractors aimed at zero accident / incident rate.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to top management.
- Develop and oversee all safety programs and trainings in the company.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning, with an emphasis on advocating for the needs of the area(s) supported; implements tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Take staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety Management is required.
- A keen eye on all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
- Liaise with third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose
- Optional Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) trainer certification is desirable.
- Advanced MS Office skills and Time Management skills is required.
- Interpret clients’ requirements
- Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented
- Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload within a schedule
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.