The Digitalent is a public-private partnership program with a focus on ICT innovations, on-the-job coaching, mentorship, training, and skill development. It is a 12-month internship program whose goals include helping fresh graduates gain high-end ICT skills, providing a platform for structured training, coaching, and mentorship, and encouraging the creation of ICT innovations and solutions.
The presidential Digital Talent Program was established to help the government acquire ICT leadership, technical, and managerial competencies to develop, procure, implement, and maintain an appropriate ICT framework for efficient service delivery. Changes to ICT culture that consider ICT as a business in support of management goals and government delivery objectives
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years (within the last 24 months) from 2020 to the date of this advertisement.
- If waiting graduation, MUST provide a recommendation/reference letter from the University stamped & signed by the dean of students indicating First or Upper Second-Class Honors to be awarded.
- Recent graduates in BSc. ICT or Engineering (Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Systems/Software, Computer) – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Application Development, Graphic & Design, Information Security, and Project Management. The Applicant may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on their core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Should NOT have undertaken any other Internship program in the government and is Unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on a full time basis from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
The digitalent programme is a Public Private Partnership Program whose aim is to inspire partnership agreements, association and/or co-operation
Digitalent offers specialized training, and certification for skills acquisition to fulfill the legal requirement for professional career growth.
DigiTalent mentor shall be an experienced professional volunteer, who is willing and available to share their experience, knowledge and networks with the mentee..
A Digitalent Innovation is an invention or process improvement solution for an identified gap in government or society.
- All applications MUST be completed and submitted online through recruitment.digitalent.go.ke.
- A duly completed application form must be submitted online via the portal; no paper-based or email applications will be accepted.
- Applicants should submit the correct information. provides that a person who gives false or misleading information to the Secretariat is, on conviction, liable to a fine not exceeding Kshs. 200,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both such fine and imprisonment.
- Applicants must attach all required documents (Copies National ID card/Passport, Passport Size Photo, KCSE certificate, Degree Certificate, Receipt/ Certificate of good conduct)
- Applicants must be willing to be deployed in a government organization within the 47 counties for 9 months.
Click here to apply