The Global Health Corps (GHC) Africa Fellowship 2023–2024 application period is currently open. Young professionals are invited to apply for paid 13-month fellowships with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia through GHC. These nations include Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
In order to put highly qualified candidates in high-impact businesses for a 13-month fellowship, GHC seeks out and chooses candidates with a variety of skill sets and experiences. Fellows significantly benefit their placement organizations and the communities they serve throughout their fellowship year. They join GHC’s international network and take part in rigorous leadership development as well.
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers,
the Global Health Corps fellowship includes:
- Living stipend: GHC fellows receive a living stipend.
- Professional development funds: Fellows are eligible to apply for up to $600 during the
fellowship year from the GHC Professional Development Fund in order to pursue study
and/or other activities that contribute to their professional development.
- Completion award: Fellows who complete the entire fellowship year in good standing and
participate at the End of Year Retreat are eligible for the $1,500 completion award.
- Housing: Housing is provided for all fellows during their fellowship year.
- Health Insurance: All fellows will be provided with health insurance during the placement
year. Either GHC or the placement organization arranges health insurance for fellows.
- Travel: GHC coordinates or facilitates all travel logistics for fellows to all GHC training and
- Visa/Work permit: For international fellows a valid work permit is required for the fellow to
legally fulfill the fellowship in the placement country. Global Health Corps and your
placement organization will guide you in completing and submitting an application.
- Be 30 years of age or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia Malawi,
Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
Applications close at 12:00PM (noon) EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT. They encourage you to submit your
application as soon as you can!
To submit your application:
- Create an account
- Fill out your Background information and essays; Fellowship role selection; your reference
request information; and the skills and experience survey which is optional.
- You will be required to upload the following documents to your application:
- Your updated professional CV
- Identity Card: Either your National ID, Passport, or birth certificate
- Proof of degree