Are you passionate about climate reporting and eager to engage Asian perspectives on climate action? Would you like to produce stories from the forefront of global climate negotiations?
2023 is a pivotal year for Asia’s global leadership on climate change and we are looking for fellows from the region to join our global COP28 team!
This is a fully-funded fellowship for climate journalists to cover critical issues for your country and region throughout the global summit, in-person or virtually, from November 30, 2023 – December 12, 2023.
- In-person fellowship: Two fellows will attend the COP28 conference and report on-site from Dubai. We’ll be covering the full cost of your travel, accommodation and stipend. You get to engage first-hand with climate advocates, fellow journalists and stakeholders from across the world!
- Virtual fellowship: Two fellows will be part of our global online reporting team and cover the conference real-time, while working remotely from your location. We’ll be supporting you with a stipend and in getting access to events and interviews for your reportage. You get to tell your COP stories in collaboration and guidance by a diverse group of climate journalists!
- Media training: As a Climate Tracker fellow, you’ll receive exclusive training and individual mentorship from seasoned journalists, experts as well as support from past fellows and their experience. Learn from the best as they guide you through the intricacies of climate negotiations, sharpen your reporting skills, and provide insights into effective communication strategies.
- Global networking: You get to connect and collaborate with journalists, researchers, policy influencers and activists from around the world – adding to a comprehensive global reporting experience like no other! Build lasting relationships, exchange ideas, and broaden your professional network to enhance future collaborations and career prospects.
- Amplify your impact: You’ll have a global platform to shed light on the pressing climate challenges faced by Asia. Climate Tracker will support your stories in reaching out to a wide audience, help create awareness, inspire action, and push for meaningful change.
An ideal fellow will –
- Have at least 3 years of journalistic experience
- Have demonstrated history in climate coverage (portfolio or at least 3 stories about climate)
- Be a resident of an Asian country
- Have an idea about the news outlets you intend to publish future COP stories with
This opportunity is an incredible doorway to major climate discussion tables and we encourage you to use this chance to take your reportage to the global level! Climate Tracker Asia is here to support you every step of the way.
To apply for this extraordinary opportunity, you need to publish a compelling story on the Health Impacts of Fossil Fuels.