The Young European Ambassadors (YEAs) program connects and creates friendship-based bridges between young people from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, and the EU Member States as well as the United Kingdom. It is a non-political, volunteer organization.
The network’s objectives are to improve public awareness of the EU’s partnership with its Eastern partner nations, highlight the concrete results of this partnership, contribute to policy discussions on manymany issues, foster civic engagement, and work together for a better future.
YEA Programme Details
The YEAs initiative was created by the European Union in 2016 and has involved more than a thousand young people to date. There are currently 500+ active YEAs representing over 34 different nationalities.
They organise YEA-led social media campaigns and public diplomacy activities, workshops, ideathons, pub quizzes, meetings, school visits, fairs, Europe Days or Instagram live debates, online bingos, vlogs, takeovers and much more. The YEAs have the chance to represent their countries at meetings with high-level EU officials, contribute to policy discussions by participating in a variety of EU events, including European youth forums and Eastern Partnership conferences. The YEAs initiative offers volunteering, career building and young leadership opportunities to its network members.
- You are a citizen of one of the European Union Member States, the UK or one of the six Eastern partner countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova or Ukraine).
- You are between 16 and 26 years old.
- You have a good level of English.
- You are interested in EU affairs and the partnership and cooperation between the EU and your country.
- You are interested in public diplomacy and outreach activities, and are ready to share knowledge, experience and information.
- You are motivated in contributing to the development of your community and country.
- You are interested in voluntary activities and ready to dedicate sufficient time to be part of civic engagement activities.
Application will close at midnight on Friday, September 30, 2022. Only complete applications will be processed.