Applications are now open for the WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition, which seeks to identify the most innovative and dynamic women entrepreneurs in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) from Latin America and the Caribbean, and connect them with potential opportunities of access to financing.
The competition is part of WeXchange, IDB Lab’s platform to support the growth of women entrepreneurs in tech from the region. This call is organized in collaboration with Google and the venture capital fund AVP
If you are a woman, Co-Founder, or part of the leadership team (C-level) of a startup that is actively raising capital from pre-Seed to Series B, apply and be one of the 15 selected startups that will pitch in Miami to investors from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, United States among other international VC funds on May 24, during “WeXchange: Connecting STEMpreneurs women with investors”. This event will take place in the context of the VC Latam Summit, that brings together the most relevant investors of the venture capital industry from Latin America and Miami. This summit is organized by nine national associations of venture capital and private capital in the region.
- Startups with at least one woman in the founding or leadership team (C-level), who will apply & pitch their startup.
- Startups with a high technological component or where Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) are key pieces, including sectors such as fintech, edtech, agtech, healthtech, biotech, e-commerce, transportation/mobility, logistics, digital security, cleantech, tourism, SaaS for SMEs, among others.
- Startups with headquarters and operations in at least one country in Latin America and/or the Caribbean.
- Legally incorporated startups.
- Startups with highly scalable business models at a regional/global level and high potential for social and/or environmental impact.
- Startups in the process of raising capital from pre-Seed to Series B financing rounds.