The Erasmus+ MSc Scholarship Program provides a full scholarship to students who apply to the Erasmus+ GEM Master’s degree program Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modelling and Management and have an excellent academic record. This is offered to Eligible countries: EU and non-EU countries including Afghanistan.
There are four tracks to choose from, each of which combines academic brilliance in geospatial science applied to social concerns for a sustainable future from the four universities:
- Track 1 – GEM for Urban-Rural Interactions
- Track 2 – GEM for Land Use Systems
- Track 3 – GEM for Ecosystems & Natural Resources
- Track 4 – GEM4 Food Security
- Fees for travel and installation (varies based on the students’ home country) will be provided.
- Monthly living expenses (which may vary based on the students’ country of residence) will be provided.
- Tuition fees are fully covered.
Travel and Installation Costs
- Travel allocation of EUR 1000 per year will be paid to students accepted as scholarship holders.
- EUR 1000 to be paid just once (not yearly) when the student enrolls in the first HEI. This is a financial incentive to assist students with visa costs, housing, and any other expenses. (Those who have residing 4000km away from Netherland)
- Travel allocation of EUR 2000 is going to be paid for students who reside 4000 Kilometers away from Netherland.
- EUR 1000 to be paid once (not yearly) when the student enrolls in the first HEI. This is an incentive to assist students with visa charges, housing, and any other expenses. ( Those who reside 4000+ KM away from Netherland)
- Travel allocation of EUR 3000 per year ( For those residing 4000+ km away from the Netherland)
- EUR 1000 each month for a maximum period of 24 months. When a student studies in his or her own country, the stipend allowance is not paid.
- When a student studies in another partner nation for more than three months, the monthly stipend is suspended until the student returns to the program country.
The Erasmus+ GEM MSc Scholarship Program is open to excellent candidates applying to the ITC Master’s degree program “Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modeling and Management.”
- Upper second class (2.1) BSc honors degree or equivalent from a recognized institution in a discipline linked to the program, preferably combined with relevant work experience.
- IELTS 6.5 in English.
- Relevant experience for the selected major of studies at the University of Twente.
- Having not previously received an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- Eligible for study grants and loans under the Dutch system.
How does the selection procedure work?
- The selected applicants will be offered a scholarship offer and must accept it as confirmation in order to get the scholarship benefit.
- Following the final decision is made after the application deadline, the committee will contact the chosen awardee before the first of May of each academic year.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will be contacted promptly by the selection committee, even if the application has not yet closed.
- The committee will assess all application forms received before the scholarship application deadline.