The PhD Scholarship for All Nationalities at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is currently open for applications from appropriately qualified candidates who intend to study at the University. Both domestic and foreign students are eligible for this grant.
The “PhD Scholarship” is designed to attract high-achieving graduate students in specific majors at UAEU and offer them with complete and ongoing financial support to pursue their graduate studies at UAEU.
The PhD Scholarship Awards are based on a competitive Criteria which takes into account the credentials of the applicants (i.e. GPA, journal publications, conference presentations, patents, GRE score, recommendation letters, etc.) and where they have graduated from. Applicants are requested to submit copies of all their credentials at the time of application submission.
To be eligible for United Arab Emirates University PhD Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have a GPA ≥ 3.5/4.0 in Master degree.
- Have no employment or other financial sponsorship.
- Be available at UAEU full-time.
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research project throughout the year.
- Have dissertation in one of the UAE priority sectors (Renewable Energy, Transportation, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
- Meet the PhD admission requirements
All successful applicants for the United Arab Emirates University PhD Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Full tuition waiver.
- Monthly Stipend.
- Health insurance (if needed).
- Extra Bonus:
- Up to AED 3,000 from supervisor’s external research project, or.
- Up to AED 2,000 from supervisor’s internal research project.
To enroll for the United Arab Emirates University PhD Scholarship, interested and eligible Candidates must apply online.
Applicants who have not graduated from an accredited Institutions are required to have their degrees certified by the Ministry of Education in Abu Dhabi, UAE.