The 6-month Uber DSA programme is a compensated, full-time programme that consists of 3 months of classroom teaching, 3 months of on-the-job training, and 3 months of mentoring while working on significant, real-world Uber projects.
This programme is intended for people who are passionate about analytics but haven’t had the chance to work on data science problems in a cutting-edge technological setting. Participants will attend three months of classroom instruction on the principles of data science developed and directed by the University of Maryland Global Campus. The final three months of the programme will be spent working on capstone projects within our Mobility, Core Services, or Marketing organisations with Uber’s motivating Data Science professionals. Apprentices will be fast-tracked in the employment process (skip the initial stages) after finishing the six-month DSA programme in order to be interviewed for a full-time position with data science teams.
Training for this programme will take place in the Uber offices in San Francisco, CA. The DSA programme is a full-time paid apprenticeship that requires participants to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Start date of the programme is January 11, 2023.
In the Data Science Apprenticeship (DSA) Programme you will:
- Strengthen your fundamental knowledge of probability, statistics, and data preparation.
- Sharpen your expertise with SQL, and learn basics of Python.
- Gain expertise in data visualization and dashboarding.
- Understand how to refine ambiguous questions and generate hypotheses.
- Develop deeper understanding of how to design experiments and interpret the results.
- Learn how to measure success through Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics.
- Work side-by-side with Uber data scientists making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field AND/OR 2+ years of professional experience in a data, analytics, engineering, or research field;
- Foundational knowledge of SQL;
- Basic understanding of statistics and A/B testing;
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Full-time availability from January 2023 – June 2023;
- Availability to start full-time employment in June 2023 should you be extended a full-time offer upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Authorization to work in the US;
- Ability to work from Uber’s San Francisco HQ a minimum of 3 days per week.