For the ONE Youth Ambassador Programme 2023, applications are now being accepted. Throughout order to combat extreme poverty and curable diseases, ONE has a network of Global Activists in Africa, the US, Europe, and Canada. The ONE Youth Ambassador program in Belgium is searching for committed activists to join them in 2023. The program is a one-year volunteer program.
As ONE Youth Ambassadors, you will engage in a range of original and inventive activities to promote ONE’s advocacy and campaigning efforts. In-depth policy briefings, training, access to high-profile events, and devoted assistance from ONE’s campaigns team are all provided for you.
The programme will typically take a few hours of your time a week and will run from March to December
2023. This role is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to become more engaged in international
development or who wants to develop their skills in bringing about change.
- Youth Ambassadors will represent ONE on a range of campaign activities and at events, as well as
receiving tools, and support needed to design and develop their own actions with the ONE team. They will
be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meetings with decision-makers and other relevant targets
- Attending online and offline events including trainings and lobby days
- Using social media to raise awareness and inspire change
- Coordinating and delivering campaign actions and activities
- Attending festivals and public events to represent ONE
- Being part of a group of 50 Belgian Youth Ambassadors and a Global Activist network of over
1000 people (from Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, the United States, Canada, Italy, the United
Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany and France).
- Professional training and practical skills development in campaigning for change, EU politics,
media, social media and policy.
- Opportunity to represent ONE at events, conferences and training.
- Opportunities to engage with MEPs, policymakers and people in positions of power.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and above.
- They will only accept applicants from people living in Belgium for the duration of the
They are looking for:
- A passion for ONE mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in
low-income countries in Africa
- Attendance at a programme induction and training in March 2023
- Willingness to attend monthly meetings (online and/or offline)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others to take part in ONE campaign
- Verbal and written proficiency in English is required (French/Dutch is a plus)
The programme will begin in March 2023. Applicants must be ready to commit 1-2 hours per week.
Click here to apply