University of the Arts London is a collegiate university in London, England, specializing in arts, design, fashion and the performing arts. It is a federation of six arts colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, the London College of Communication, the London College of Fashion, and the Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is a place to be, whether you’re starting your higher education journey or interested in postgraduate study.
- This scholarship is a fully funded that covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation at one of UAL’s halls of residence and may also contribute towards living costs.
- Up to 4 UAL International Postgraduate £50,000 Scholarships are available.
Applicants must have all these before they apply;
- Must hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s Colleges and Institutes starting in 2022/23.
- The course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MFA, MBA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
- You must be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries
- Evidence such as a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal proof of your address must be included as part of your application Or You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point at which you make your scholarship application.
- Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying country’s currency) at the point of application. For an up-to-date currency conversion, visit Oanda Trade Currency Exchange.
- You must provide a personal statement as part of your scholarship application which responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
Afghanistan, Ghana, Pakistan, Albania, Grenada, Palau, Algeria, Guatemala, Palestine State of, Angola Guinea, Panama, Antigua and Barbuda Guinea-Bissau Papua New Guinea, Argentina Guyana Paraguay, Armenia Haiti Peru, Australia Honduras Philippines, Azerbaijan India Qatar, Bahamas Indonesia Russia, Bahrain Iran Rwanda, Bangladesh Iraq Saint Kitts and Nevis, Barbados, Israel Saint Lucia, Belarus Jamaica, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize Jordan Samoa, Benin Kazakhstan Sao Tome and Principe, Bhutan Kenya Saudi Arabia, Bolivia, (Plurinational State of) Kiribati Senegal, Bosnia and Herzegovina Kuwait Serbia, Botswana Korea (Republic of) Seychelles, Brazil Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of) Sierra Leone, Brunei Kyrgyzstan Singapore, Burkina Faso Lao People’s Democratic Republic Solomon Islands, Burundi Lebanon Somalia, Cabo Verde Lesotho South Africa, Cambodia Liberia South Sudan, Cameroon Libya Sri Lanka, Central African Republic Madagascar Sudan, Chad Malawi Suriname, Chile, Malaysia, Syrian, Arab Republic, Colombia, Maldives, Tajikistan, Comoros Mali Tanzania (United Republic of) Congo Mauritania Thailand, Congo (Democratic Republic of the) Mauritius Timor-Leste Costa Rica Mexico, Togo, Côte d’Ivoire Micronesia Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba Moldova (Republic of) Tunisia, Djibouti Mongolia Turkey, Dominica Montenegro Turkmenistan, Dominican Republic Morocco Tuvalu, Ecuador, Mozambique, Uganda, Egypt, Myanmar, Ukraine, El Salvador Namibia United Arab Emirates, Equatorial, Guinea Nauru Uruguay, Eritrea Nepal Uzbekistan, Eswatini (Kingdom of) New Zealand Vanuatu, Ethiopia, Nicaragua Venezuela, Fiji Niger Viet Nam, Gabon, Nigeria, Yemen, Gambia, North Macedonia Zambia, Georgia Oman, Zimbabwe
- Once you’ve received an offer to study at UAL, the ‘my funding’ page on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.
- If you submit a scholarship application, we will email you after the deadline has passed to let you know if you have been successful.
- Scholarships are awarded by a UAL selection panel, who make their decision based on the evidence provided in your application.
- If you have successful applications for more than one UAL award or scholarship, you must choose which of them you would like to receive, as you are only able to hold one at a time.