The Keeling Curve Prize 2023 application period is currently open. They track down and support the greatest global climate solutions each year. To change the Keeling Curve is their aim. In order to do this, the team is searching for initiatives with a track record of removing greenhouse gases from the environment.
Five categories have been created, each of which focuses on a different area of climate innovation:
- Carbon Sinks (Natural & Engineered): Projects in this category are advancing technological
and nature-based strategies for capturing and/or utilizing heat-trapping gases from the air
- Energy: Projects in this category decarbonize energy, support zero carbon energy
innovations, and lead the way in improving the supply, distribution, and access of low or
zero-emissions energy systems worldwide.
- Finance: Projects in this category are making financial mechanisms and economics work for
greenhouse gas reduction and/or reversal ventures.
- Social & Cultural Pathways: Projects in this category are changing the way people
consider, understand, and act concerning human impacts on planet Earth. They are trying to
answer the question: what does it take, socially and culturally, to develop beyond fossil
- Transport & Mobility: Projects that apply in this category are reimagining and reinventing
all types of vehicles, fuels, and mobility options for both people and products. These
projects will confront the carbon footprint of the vehicles themselves and the routes
They award $35,000 to two projects in each category annually.
- They welcome entries for active projects or programmes from anywhere in the world.
- The Keeling Curve Prize is awarded for current programs and projects only.
- Applications centered on past work, unimplemented ideas or untested hypotheses will not
- Applications for the Keeling Curve Prize must be submitted in English.
- Your project may align with more than one prize category. The application form requires that you designate a primary category for your application, but also allows you to list secondary categories for consideration. However, applicants are only eligible to win in one category in any given year.
The prize application period closes at 11:59 PM MST (Mountain Standard Time), February 10, 2023. To be
considered, your application must be completed and submitted before this time, and before the cap of
500 applications is reached.