Nominations for the L’Oréal-UNESCO International Awards in Life and Environmental Sciences 2024 are now open. The 2024 International Awards will recognize five exceptional researchers in Life and Environmental Sciences from Africa and the Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and North America. An international panel will pick the five laureates for their outstanding contributions to scientific development, and they will be honored in Paris in June 2024.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science initiative has honored and celebrated outstanding women in science throughout the world since 1998. To far, the L’Oréal-UNESCO cooperation has recognized 127 renowned women at the pinnacle of their scientific careers and helped over 4000 bright young women.
- Each of the Laureates will receive €100,000.
- The candidate must be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community.
- Be actively involved in scientific research.
- Be involved in any field of Life and Environmental Sciences.
- One candidate will be selected for each of the five regions, the determining factor being the place of work for at least 10 years, not the nationality of the candidate.
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the advancement of science.
- The impact of the candidate’s research work on the current state of her scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents…).
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications.
- The recognition of the candidate’s commitment to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
The nomination files must be submitted by June 28, 2023 (France GMT/UTC + 2h). Only completed nominations received through the platform by this deadline will be considered.