Your experience working in investment banking will be wide-ranging and exciting with the Bank of America Winter Analyst program. You will be exposed to a range of industry, nation, or product coverage teams during your internship.
They organized the Investment Banking business into teams based on geography, industry coverage, and product. Consumer and retail, natural resources, financial institutions, financial sponsors, healthcare, multi-industries, real estate, gaming and leisure, as well as technology, media, and telecommunications are just a few of the industry covering teams. Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance, and Leveraged Finance are examples of product teams. Country coverage teams, which are largely or entirely housed in regional offices represent all regions of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). The division of investment banking provides CEOs, CFOs, and Boards of Directors of our companies with strategic advice on issues including capital structure and mergers and acquisitions.
Our main goals are your training and growth, and we give organized support while you work and networking opportunities, educational speaker events, and mentorship all throughout.
As an Intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups providing you with a unique learning opportunity
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging full spectrum of the Bank’s capabilities
- Actively contribute to preparing client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career opportunities
- Through our unique pooling system, you will work across multiple areas, giving you a broad understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for a full-time placement
- Candidates are required to be in their penultimate year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong A-level grades and on-track for a minimum 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent)
- Fluency in English is essential for all our roles
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided
- You’ll need to show drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Teamwork, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Displaying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influencing decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrating integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions