Tech African Women is a programme led by BetaCube and supported by UNECA dedicated to building a strong female-led tech Startup pipeline and community in Africa. The programme will run from August to December 2022 and is composed of three main phases:
- An intensive 3-days training bootcamp & pitching competition to be held in Tunisia, Senegal, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
- A 2-months online incubation program for the best 8 startups.
- Immersive days and Final ceremony in Rwanda.
- An invitation to participate in a 3-day intensive training bootcamp in your country.
- A cash grant of $2,000 for the winning team per country.
- A fully funded trip to Rwanda for 2 winning projects per country to pitch in the final ceremony.
- Access to a pool of tech & design experts to develop your MVP.
- Personal Support from a startup coach.
- Customized one to one coaching sessions with top experts in Marketing & Finance.
- Intercultural journey of learning from entrepreneurs from Tunisia, Tanzania, Ethiopia & Senegal.
- A cash grant of $7,000 for the best startup at the end of the program.
- All participants must be female between 18 and 35 years old.
- Have an idea of a tech startup that is addressing at least one of the SDGs.
- Be a national of one of the targeted countries: Tunisia, Tanzania, Senegal & Ethiopia.
- Be available and committed to attending all the bootcamp sessions physically in addition to the online incubation phase.
- Be able to communicate fluently in French or English.
The application deadline for Tunisia is August 10, 2022 and the deadline for Ethiopia, Senegal and Tanzania is August 17, 2022.