There is an urgent need for interventional cardiologists who are committed to providing minimally invasive percutaneous solutions to patients with complex coronary anatomy, severe co-morbidities, and/or poor hemodynamics as a result of recent advancements in PCI technology and techniques.
The chosen candidate may use this fellowship money to support a CHIP Interventional Training Programme with a cardiac catheterization laboratory that treats over 250 complicated coronary patients annually and has access to the following cutting-edge techniques and technology:
- Chronic total occlusion (CTO) procedures;
- Calcific disease with access to atherectomy, including rotational atherectomy
- Complex imaging and physiology (IVUS, OCT, FFR, resting indices)
- Percutaneous MCS (mechanical circulatory support) in the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Funding applies to 12 month fellowship starting in July 2023 and is provided to the training institution for $85,000.
- Open to interventional cardiology fellows or practicing interventional cardiologists interested in pursuing an additional year of advanced training (beyond traditional IC fellowships) focusing on CHIP (Complex and high-risk interventional procedures) and Percutaneous MCS (mechanical circulatory support) training in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Applicants must be in or have completed an interventional cardiology fellowship within the past five years, be board eligible or board certified for interventional cardiology, and a US citizen or permanent green card holder.
To apply, applicants must submit an application, which includes a concise statement of interest, a Curriculum Vitae, two to three letters of reference, including one from a cath lab director, CHIP fellowship director, or Division or Service Line Chief at the prospective training institution and Proof of prior training in the form of a diplomas and/or license is also required.
If you are awarded the fellowship, you must be ready to sign the paperwork with your selected institution by November 15, 2022.