For the Association of Commonwealth Universities Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships, which fund scientific research that will aid in the protection and sustainable management of marine resources, applications from adequately qualified candidates are now being accepted.
With funding from the UK’s Blue Planet Fund, the Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Scholarships provide a special chance for students from qualifying nations to pursue a fully financed Master’s or PhD in marine research.
To be eligible for Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for a Master’s should be citizens of and normally resident in the eligible countries.
- Applications will be accepted for masters or PhD studies from citizens of eligible countries.
- Should be working in or have significant experience in the areas of marine pollution, sustainable seafood, and marine biodiversity.
- Should hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s-level degree. Should propose a research topic that is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to a clearly demonstrated wider impact beyond the academic community.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the host university.
Ghana, South Pacific countries, India, Bangladesh, Belize, and the Maldives
- Tuition fees (including general fees and health fees)
- Living allowance
- A research support grant
- Travel grant (case-by-case basis)
- Dependent, disability, and maternity costs (case-by-case basis)
Interested applicants for the Ocean Country Partnership Programme Scholarships 2024 are to complete their application online. Applicants are to read all of the application guidance provided carefully before starting their application, and then complete all questions in full.