The goal of this program is for people from developing countries to get a great opportunity to learn overseas business strategies in Japanese businesses and to acquire the skills, technological skill sets and expertise from Japanese companies.
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Government of Japan Internship Programs take on young foreign talent from abroad for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its people and organizations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross-cultural communication, as well as constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing foreign talent.
- Functional skills and knowledge, and are currently living in either country on the OECD/DAC List, except People’s Republic of China.
- Must have the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China.
- If you have already applied for 2016~2021 programs, you cannot apply in this time.
- 1st August 2022 to 9th September 2022
- 22nd August, 2020 to 20th September2022
- 31st October 2022 to 9th December 2022
- 7th November 2022 to 16th December 2022
Applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Must understand the purpose of this program and having the will to contribute to the host company’s activities with his/her skill and knowledge.
- Must be living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and have the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China
- Must be willing to work as an intern for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday in the place agreed, in the case of the Course-A, a designated workspace.
- Must have language proficiency in Japanese (JLPT N3 or higher) and/or in English (Business level).
The following documents are required
- For Students of University or Graduate School: a letter of recommendation by his/her academic advisor
- For Graduates: a graduation certificate of university or graduate school
- Submit a certificate of useful qualifications for internship (if applicable)
- Be able to attend the Pre- and post-orientation
- Be able to follow the instruction by JIP office and the host company.
- Must register new account from the website
- Create your account from SIGN UP(Free) button. It takes around 10 mins to fill up all your information.
- After registering account, please open the page again with logged in, then click Apply Status and Apply button below.