The Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program 2023 is now accepting applications. The MTECAP is a six-month online program that encourages youth climate leadership by giving participants the chance to connect with one another, learn from World Bank experts and knowledge partners like the Global Youth Climate Network and Connect4Climate, and take significant climate action both locally and globally.
The program consists of a blend of technical and practical sessions that give the young ambassadors in-depth knowledge and understanding of climate change and the related challenges covered in the World Bank Group Climate Change Action Plan. It also offers advice on how to effectively communicate their newly acquired knowledge for maximum impact.
Each member is required to have attended a certain number of learning sessions and taken three specific climate actions in their community before the program’s conclusion. Everyone who satisfies these requirements will be declared a graduate and given a certificate of completion.
This ambassadorship is an awesome opportunity that comes with real responsibilities. In order to receive
certificates of completion and be invited to join the Alumni Community, participants in the programme
- Commit ~3 hours per week to programme activities between February and August 2023.
Attend the mandatory opening and closing sessions, weekly online learning sessions (at
least ⅔ of the total number of sessions — they expect to offer eight or more), and creative
communications and storytelling sessions offered by Connect4Climate.
- Complete at least three climate-related actions in their communities and provide
documentation thereof (photos, videos, online mentions, etc.) to GYCN.
- Participate in a dedicated Telegram channel where the GYCN team will share programmatic
updates and opportunities from its partner network.
- Join networking sessions and actively participate in GYCN social media campaigns.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Have strong conversational English language skills
- Have reliable access to the internet.
Applicants will be evaluated on each of the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional,
national, or global level. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an
- Passion for climate solutions and sustainable development, and motivation to take action
and empower others. We are looking for self-starters willing to take charge.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on social media.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and
Do you have what it takes to be a Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador? If you’re committed to
climate action and excited to engage your community, they would love to hear from you!
Apply by December 10 and you could help bring Max’s passion for action to a new generation of leaders.