Would you like to further your studies in inland fisheries or freshwater science? Are you very driven to put your novel research concepts into practice? Are you interested in joining a multidisciplinary team of scientists working to promote freshwater ecology, inland fisheries, or related fields abroad? Or are you trying to find specialized research centers that can assist in addressing new issues for the benefit of freshwaters?
IGB is inviting you to submit an application for a postdoctoral research position. Berlin, the energetic capital of Germany, is a desirable destination for scientists because it offers interesting working environments, first-rate infrastructure, and accepting coworkers with a variety of experiences in inland fisheries and freshwater science. As an alternative, they provide chances at IGB’s location near Lake Stechlin,
- Postdoctoral positions are paid according to the German TVöD salary scheme for scientists in public research institutions (Labour Agreement of the Public Service), including social security and health insurance. They also offer a one-time travel allowance (€1,200) and a bench fee (€300 per month). The bench fee can be used for workshop and conference attendance as well.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in one of the research areas at IGB.
- The working language at IGB is English. Applicant should be fluent in English.
Make contact with your possible host before submitting an application, and come up with a plan for how you’ll spend your time there while keeping in mind the goals of the Frontiers in Freshwater Science program and the appropriateness of the proposal idea with IGB’s research priorities.
The following evaluation criteria apply:
- Scientific record and potential to reach the aims of the proposal
- Scientific excellence of the proposed work
- Prospects on added value for the group and IGB as a whole
Required documents must include:
- Your CV, including a complete list of publications
- Certificate of your doctoral degree
- A motivation letter indicating your research interests and experience (max. 1 page)
- Your ideas for research to be conducted at IGB, outlining your aims and proposed activities (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of support by your host(s), including appreciation for the candidate and the proposed work, complementarity to the expertise of the host group and added value for IGB (max. 1 page)
- Optional: recommendations letter(s), if regarded useful by the host
The deadlines for applications are March 1 (and potentially 1 October) each year. Submission of the documents is only possible through the IGB host.