The Kaplan Leadership Program is a unique scholarship opportunity for continuing students who are planning to graduate in May 2023 and transfer to a four year institution.
The Kaplan Leadership Program (KLP) is designed for Associate’s Degree students. KLP provides individualized support to top community college students of color, in the NYC Metro area, seeking to transfer to top 4-year institutions across the nation.
- Applicant must have the passion to contribute to the community.
- Must be a student who has matriculated in an Associate’s Degree program in the NYC/NJ area.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must have completed 24 of 35 non-remedial credits by the end of your Spring semester.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be qualified for federal and/or state financial aid.
- Be Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx/Latino, or Native American.
- Must be committed to transfer to a Bachelor’s program immediately upon completion of Associates Degree.
- If you will have earned more than 30 credits towards your degree by the end of your Spring semester but will still be enrolled in the upcoming Fall semester, please contact the Foundation directly to discuss your unique situation.
- Academic Advising and Transfer Admissions Support
- A direct working relationship academic advisor to define your leadership path at your community college and beyond.
- Work one-on-one with a transfer admissions advisor in order to identify the right four-year program for you and remain competitive as a transfer admissions applicant.
- A writing coach to help enhance your skills and work on your supplemental application materials
- Access to a robust network of KLP scholars and alums from over 35and four-year institutions across the U.S.
- Financial support.
- Fees associated with the college transfer application process.
- Privilege to apply for additional funding up to $500 a month, including living expenses like wifi, transportation, and books, while pursuing your Associate’s Degree and College Transfer.
- Personal Development, Leadership Training and Mentoring
- Leadership workshops given by industry leaders and other professionals. Get career counseling, job placement support, and admissions guidance for graduate and professional programs. Mentoring by KLP Alumni and Staff
- Skills improvement with individual tutoring in Math, English and Sciences.
The Kaplan Leadership Program (KLP) is looking for students that understand the importance of a great education in building a successful career.
- Achievement and Academic Ability: Possess strong academic record at the community college that includes consistent course enrollment, degree progress, and grades.
- Financial need: Demonstrate financial need (Federal Pell and/or NY State Tap eligible)
- Persistence: Proven record of success while overcoming personal, academic and professional challenges.
- Leadership: Takes initiative and be able to set a path to meet and exceed personal, academic and professional expectations.
- Desire to help others: Be an engaged global citizen, committed to putting your skills, abilities, and passion to work in order to improve the lives of others and society as a whole.