DAAD offers scholarships for students from different countries to pursue their master’s degree studies in the field of architecture in Germany. this scholarship provides a life-changing experience for students with a fully funded education covering all expenses.
This program solely funds projects in the Design/Projects category. Ensure that the selected degree programs give a minimum number of CP (credit points according to the European Credit Transfer System/ECTS) for the area of Design/Projects.
This applies to degree programs with:
- 120 CP at least 45 CP
- 90 CP at least 34 CP
- 60 CP at least 23 CP.
Scholarships from the DAAD cannot be used to participate in degree programs that do not meet this condition. The quantitative distribution of CP can be found in the module overview of the degree programs on the relevant university’s website.
- A monthly payment of 861 euro
- A travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Health Insurance
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
To learn the German language for staying in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Online language course fees payment after the Scholarship Award Letter receipt
- Personally chosen German language course allowance during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test
Reimbursement of the fees for the DSH examination
- Have gained a bachelor degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning
- Architecture field applicants should have knowledge of instruction language.
- Your last degree receiving date should not be exceeding 6 years.
- Not been in Germany for more than 15 months.
- Be proficient in the language of instruction.
The application is completed in two stages:
- Submission of the application documents
- Submitting work sample
- Documents to be submitted by post
Application document submission
- Certificates (scanned certifications with translations)
- Transcript of Records with individual grades (incl. explanation of grading system)
- University degree certificate (indicating final grades)
- Full CV in tabular form
- Letter of motivation (1 – 3 pages)
- Online application form
- German or English translations of all documents
- List of the designs/plans
- Declaration form
- Proof of German language B1 level (for German-language degree)
- Proof of English language proficiency -TOEFL, IELTS- (for English degree)
- Certificates of employment – proof of placements (if needed)
For Master’s degree:
- Fill out the form about Information about your selected master’s programs.
- Acceptance letter from the host university, if available. If you did not receive admission notification at the time of application, you must submit it before the financing period begins. Keep in mind that you’re responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission to the host university by the deadline and that a DAAD Scholarship Award Letter becomes valid only if you are admitted to your preferred host university.
- Supervisory confirmation from a German University Professor
To be submitted by post:
- 1 current reference from a university professor detailing your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature)