Jobberman Nigeria has announced a first-of-its-kind short-film competition for content creators in Nigeria to capture key findings in its latest How Young People Survive without Job report.
Announced in partnership with EbonyLife Creative Academy (ELCA), an institution that offers world-class courses for filmmakers, winners of the competition will receive up to N2 million in cinematography equipment – Sony a6400 4K Mirrorless Cameras, Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera – and videography masterclasses at ELCA.
Participating content creators will be required to create a 3-5 minutes short film that captures key findings from Jobberman’s How Young People Survive without Jobs report, published in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation.
The content creators’ competition is a partnership with the MasterCard Foundation as part of its Young Africa Works strategy. The goal of the Young Africa Works strategy is to create economic opportunities for 10 million young Nigerians, particularly women, to enable access to dignified and fulfilling work, especially in the creative sector and digital economy.
Young creatives will be required to create a socially conscious film that masterfully blends entertainment and the stark realities of Nigeria’s unemployed youths. The film could be a comedy, documentary, or any other scripted format. Using real or fictional characters, short-film entries are required to highlight key issues addressed in the report, including:
- Less than 1% of unemployed youths receive support from government and religious organisations
- 60% of unemployed youths in the North East have been without work for at least 3 years
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Overall Winner – Sony a6400 4K Mirrorless Camera with 18-135mm lens plus Sony Bag
- Runner up -Sony a6400 4K Mirrorless Camera with 16-50MM lens
- 1st Runner Up – Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens
- Open to content creators in NIgeria
- They must create 3-5 minute video that capture key finding from Jobberman’s “How young people survive without jobs”
Interested participants are to post their video entries on their social media pages using #JobbermanELCAShortFilim and #JobbermanxELCA. All eight three-month filmmaking courses at the academy are FREE and proudly made possible by LASG and LACI.