The youth in development virtual fellowship equips aspiring community activists and social entrepreneurs with the knowledge and resources they need to successfully oversee social change activities. The Rustandy Center for Social Innovation at Chicago Booth Business School and Appalachian State University are pleased to support it.
Fellows receive training through hands-on workshops and mentoring sessions led by subject experts from across the world. Alumni of this programme have gone on to create very effective social ventures and to direct initiatives that are changing the social and economic environments of their communities. YID Fellows participate in a transformational learning process where they develop their entrepreneurship abilities and learn how to drive long-lasting social change. The four-month venture incubation programme will provide fellows with access to social innovation training, special mentorship and coaching sessions, worldwide peer collaborations, and other perks. Fellows will also have access to exclusive networking possibilities.
- Social Entrepreneurship Training: Skills and tools for leading social change initiatives effectively.
- Investment Readiness Lab: Investment readiness training to position your venture for investments & grant funding.
- Prototype Development: Opportunity to apply for the Impact Toolbox prototye development prize.
- Pipeline to Opportunities: Pipeline to other prestigious professional development & funding opportunities.
- Mentorship & Coaching: One-on-One coaching and interactions with top business experts and exceptional social entrepreneurs from around the world.
- Peer Support & Connections: Critical support & collaborations with members of their growing network of exceptional social innovators.
- Applicant must be interest in leading a social venture and a career in the social sector.
- Excellent idea or initiative for social change.
- Age 19 to 30 on or before February 27.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Applications are open to any young person who has strong passion and ideas for social change.
- Availability to complete all the weekly activities included in the application process and the four-month fellowship and incubation programme.
Expression of interests are received and reviewed on a rolling basis until November 1, 2022. Successful applicants are selected based on their passion and interest in civic leadership and social entrepreneurship. They will review the expression of interests and inform applicants of their decision within 48 hours.
Successful applicants will be provided with the necessary information for the next stage.