With its headquarters in London, the United Kingdom, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, also known as Deloitte, is a multinational professional services network.
To apply for a Deloitte Discovery Internship in 2023, click here. The Discovery internship aims to introduce first- and second-year students to different client service firms at Deloitte during the summer. These opportunities are designed to improve your skills, promote inquiry, and acknowledge your adaptability. They foster their desire to learn, discover, and participate by providing their interns with exposure to many industries, regular training, and ongoing education. Throughout your internship and professional training, Deloitte University will provide you with tailored coaching.
Internships and Benefits
- Learning and Networking: The internship offers a variety of regional and local learning possibilities in addition to exposing students to “real world” activities. As part of the internship, you will also have the chance to learn continuously through activities like lunch and learns, industry/service line spotlights, and regularly planned training sessions, all of which are designed to help you improve your technical and client-facing skills. You will get the ability to grow your professional network and gain first-hand experience of what it’s like to work for Deloitte.
- Mentorship and professional development: Their mentors may help you transition from an internship to a potential future career by providing the resources and direction you need to turn promise into capability. Each intern is assigned a mentorship team, which consists of an onboarding adviser and a counselor, to help them throughout the program. Throughout the internship, the counselor—often a manager or senior manager—offers career guidance and evaluation. The onboarding adviser is a peer-level “buddy” who can help with questions and give advice on how to make the most of the internship experience.
During the internship, more mentors are typically identified, both formally and informally. These mentoring relationships frequently continue into the future and are a great way to stay in touch with Deloitte while going back to school. During the internship, more mentors are typically identified, both formally and informally.These mentoring relationships frequently continue into the future and are a great way to stay in touch with Deloitte while going back to school.Throughout the internship, a methodical goal-setting and evaluation process will be used.Sophomore interns who successfully complete the Discovery Internship Program may be qualified for a client service internship.
- NextGen Leaders Program: As a Discovery Intern, you will have the opportunity to take part in the NextGen Leaders Program. Participants in the second year of the program are eligible for a scholarship that is paid at the start of the internship. First-year students who participate in the Discovery internship will be eligible to receive the grant if they choose to continue in the program as a second year.
Candidates that can effectively balance rigorous academics with extracurricular activities are what they’re looking for.
- All qualified first- and second-year students are eligible for the Discovery Internship.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that work well; flexibility; creativity and self-assurance; leadership abilities; teamwork; and collaboration.
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics, STEM, or a related discipline with first- or second-year student status in a four-year college.
- Demonstrated aptitude for resolving issues.
- High academic standing (preferred minimum GPA of 3.2 at the end of the academic year)
- Students who identify as members of historically underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups within the professional services sector (Black or African-American, Hispanic or Latinx, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races) are encouraged to apply because they want to have a diverse pool of candidates.
How to Apply?
To apply, you must search for the internship you desire and click submit.