DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available to pursue masters or PhD at the top German Universities. DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
The scholarship is available for well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
The program focuses on all fields, except for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Arts and Architecture. All “Leadership for Africa” scholarship holders benefits from a complementary training programme in good governance. Civil Society and career development. The mandatory programme must be completed in addition to the regular studies.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Academic expenses
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- A monthly rent subsidy
The scholarship targets two groups;
High qualified refugees who hold refugees status and fulfil necessary qualifications for Masters study in Germany. Applicants must fulfill the following conditions;
- Holding Refugee status in their host countries, being granted before April 18, 2022
- Country of Asylum must be either Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory coast, Niger or Senegal
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree at the time of Application
Highly qualified graduates from Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory coast, Niger or Senegal who fulfill the necessary qualifications for a Master’s program in Germany. Applicants must fulfill the following conditions.
- Citizenship for either Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory coast, Niger or Senegal
- Country of residence is Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory coast, Niger or Senegal
- Completed Bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
A Bachelor’s degree at least 2nd class upper division level required
- Not more than six years since the completion of last academic degree
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.o]
Other application requirements;
The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
The following documents must be scanned in non certified form and uploaded to DAAD portal. if you submit in your national language, you must include English or German translations
- 3 pages of CV
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Recommendation (1-3 pages)
- English Language proficiency
- Certified copies of academic degrees
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Copies of your passport/national identification card and copies of your passports/national identification bio data page and other copies containing information about you and your current residence status
Application Deadline: 30th of June