The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is happy to announce the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme for PhD and Master courses beginning in 2024. Individuals planning to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa are urged to apply.
The program is supported by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at first-line university faculty, while not overlooking the public sector’s need for academically prepared professionals.
To be eligible for the 2024 DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be graduates or postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme
- Applicants with a Master’s degree who are applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships)
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
Successful applicants for the DAAD In-Country, In-Region Scholarship Programs will receive the following:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable to in-region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
Interested applicants for the 2024 DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes should visit the official webpage through the link below to see various programs, institutions, and countries of In-Regions available in Sub-Saharan Africa.