The bilateral program, run by the Australia India Institute and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, supports emerging researchers from India and Australia to undertake short-term research exchanges. Seventy fellowships of up to AUD 10,000 are available, with 35 awards available to applicants from higher education institutions in each country. The program is open to eligible research students and post-doctoral scholars (early-career researchers) across all disciplines. Fellows will undertake a research project during an exchange of 4 to 8 weeks, to be completed by mid-October 2023. Applications close 13 November.
- Advance your research through bilateral connections
- Exchange knowledge while discovering a new country
- Be part of a program boosting research collaboration and innovation in Australia & India
- The program is open to eligible research students and post-doctoral scholars (early-career researchers) across all disciplines.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents enrolled or employed at an Australian higher education institution or Indian citizens enrolled or employed at an Indian higher education institution.
- Eligible institutions must have a pre-existing engagement with the institution in the other country that will host the student.
- The research undertaken during the fellowship can either be for a new research project or contribute towards the applicant’s thesis or an existing research project.
- For more details on eligibility, please read the Guidelines in full from the Official link
- All information about the AIRS Fellowship program, including details on eligibility and the application process, can be found on the ARCH-India platform.
- You will need to register as a user on ARCH-India to access the online application form.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.