The new Australia India Research Students Fellowship (AIRS Fellowship) program is now accepting applications.
Emerging academics from India and Australia are supported to conduct brief research exchanges through the bilateral program, which is administered by the Australia India Institute and sponsored by the Australian Government Department of Education. There are 70 fellowships of up to AUD 10,000 available, 35 of which are accessible to candidates from institutes of higher learning in each nation. All qualifying postdoctoral scholars (early career researchers) and research students from all disciplines are eligible for the program. During a 4- to 8-week exchange, fellows will work on a research project that must be finished by mid-October 2023. Application deadline is November 13th.
- Advance your research through bilateral connections
- Exchange knowledge while discovering a new country
- Be part of a program boosting research collaboration and innovation in Australia & India
- The program is open to eligible research students and post-doctoral scholars (early-career researchers) across all disciplines.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents enrolled or employed at an Australian higher education institution or Indian citizens enrolled or employed at an Indian higher education institution.
- Eligible institutions must have a pre-existing engagement with the institution in the other country that will host the student.
- The research undertaken during the fellowship can either be for a new research project or contribute towards the applicant’s thesis or an existing research project.
- For more details on eligibility, please read the Guidelines in full from the Official link.
Eligible Regions: Australia, India
- All information about the AIRS Fellowship program, including details on eligibility and the application process, can be found on the ARCH-India platform.