According to research, innovators from underrepresented areas have particular difficulties, particularly when establishing and running technology businesses. Intending to assist these founders and their businesses as they develop the newest generation of innovative apps and establishing a global network that promotes the pipeline and longevity of underrepresented founders and developers in technology, they established Apple Entrepreneur Camp.
For founders and developers from underrepresented groups that have an established app on the App Store, a working beta build in TestFlight, or the equivalent, Entrepreneur Camp offers cohorts for female, Black, and Hispanic/Latinx founders and developers. The Camp experience starts with immersive technology labs, where you’ll get one-on-one advice from Apple experts and engineers to help you enhance your app as well as mentorship, inspiration, and insights from top Apple executives. After the lab is over, you’ll receive continuous assistance and join a growing network of other excellent graduates who can assist you in developing your company.
The core of Apple Entrepreneur Camp is a rigorous tech lab where you’ll work one-on-one with Apple developers and experts to drastically speed up your app. You’ll hear from Apple executives and get the chance to interact with other guests. You’ll showcase your progress at the lab’s end, get criticism, and engage in conversation with some of Apple’s top executives.
You can submit your apps to the App Store if you are a member of the Apple Developer Program, which also grants you access to vast beta testing resources, enhanced app capabilities, and app analytics. Additionally, it gives members access to code-level support from Apple engineers for the duration of their subscription.
You’ll interact with world-class senior leaders and your cohort peers who can help you build your business and personal network. You’ll also get exclusive access to Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni events and opportunities for peer-to-peer mentoring for your cohort, as well as your extended network of Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni.
You’ll establish an ongoing relationship with an Apple Developer representative who is an expert on the developer ecosystem and can help guide you through Apple resources for at least one year after your time at Camp.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp consists of an immersive technology lab, as well as guidance, education, and support. Selected organizations receive the following free of charge:
- One-on-one code-level guidance from Apple engineers.
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year.
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program.
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders.
Applications are accepted by developers worldwide and up to three members of your organization may attend. To be eligible to apply:
Your organization must have:
- A Black founder, cofounder, or CEO;
- A Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female* developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- An existing app on the App Store or a functional beta builds in TestFlight or the equivalent.
The Black founder, cofounder, or CEO; the Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female developer; and another colleague (if applicable) must each
- be 18 years of age or older,
- proficient in English, and
- able to attend together for the entire duration of the lab.
The application consists of four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details. Tell them about your organization and provide contact information for up to three colleagues who would attend if your organization is selected.
- Your app. Provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future. Describe what you’d like to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Additional information. Select the dates for which you’d like to apply and provide any additional comments.
Your application will be kept on file for one year.