The grants are for non-profit organisations and social enterprises in Africa.
The ACT Foundation considers grants to be an essential tool for enacting social change, and they are even more motivated by the long- and short-term collaborations they form. The foundation’s strength is in the alliances they forge and maintain through providing funds for initiatives that have a great chance of reversing the negative trend in development on the continent of Africa. As a result, the foundation constantly aspires to accomplish more. The foundation’s aim is to promote sustained influence across Africa.
Areas of Support
- Organizational Development
- Monitoring and Evolution
- Board Governance and Support
- Impact Measurment
- Professional Development
- Organizations must work within the ACT Foundation’s focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment.
- Organizations applying for this grant should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within their respective (African) countries for not less than two years (24 months).
- Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization (GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
- It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
- You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
- The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Programme/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
- Programme must be innovative and impact driven.
The application process will take Six (6) – Eight (8) weeks. The Foundation only recognizes communication in English. All applications and further correspondences must be communicated only in English.