Applications for the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from the Global South are being accepted by the International Peace Research Association Foundation. For many years, Dorothy Senesh worked to promote justice and peace on a global scale. After her passing in 1989, her husband, Lawrence Senesh, founded this fellowship. The first prize was presented at the IPRA 25th Anniversary Conference in Groningen, Netherlands, in July 1990, and ever since, it has been given biennially (every other year).
- The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is available to women from countries in the Global South who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program, and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of the IPRA Foundation. Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program. Awards are considered based on need; therefore, students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
- This fellowship is not for research purposes and proposals. Do not apply if you are male, if you are an undergraduate, or if you are not from a country in the Global South.
- Applications are due by January 15, 2023.
- Announcement of the Awards will be made by April 1, 2023.
The link to the English, Spanish or French Application form can be found below.
SENESH FELLOWSHIP REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Application (English, Spanish or French)
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money.)
EMAIL ONE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM To Program Administrative Assistant Philip Armour at