The African Union Civic Tech Fund (AUCTF) is a project funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
The goal is to evaluate and sustained effective scalable civic tech initiatives and citizens led transformative action to drive citizens’ participation, policy influence across the African continent.
The AUCTF is offering fellowships for 5 civic tech professionals for a period of minimum 3 months to technically support and to advise beneficiaries awarded the grants for the development of their civic tech initiatives in 7 African countries – Mali, Nigeria, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Kenya, Morocco. The fellows will work with the selected beneficiaries and help them with operational agenda, support and etc.
- Reimbursement of EUR 4,000 per contract (Fellow must sign a consultancy fee of at least three months)
- Successful Applicants will help a broad range of actors scaling up their civic technology initiatives that amplify citizen voices or help keep governments accountable.
- Applicants will work with partner organizations selected through the African Civic Tech Fund to test, expand and boost digital tools and platforms empowering citizens
- Applicants must be based in Africa
- Minimum of three years work experience in civic tech implementations
- Track records of civic tech projects
- Successful civic tech products, services and high digital campaigns
- Facilitation skills for both virtual and in person events
- Very fluent in English
- Must be available during the entire duration of the program
- Not-for-profit entities registered in any African Union Member States.
- Applications are also considered from for-profit entities, if the Organization is committed to advancing civic participation. Further,
- Must have geographic or thematic focus.
- Maximum of 500 words personal statement which focuses on motivation, experience and the specific role in the program that he/she is applying to
- A financial offer detailing the amount of time that can be available with the available budget
- Two References
Interested candidates should send a CV and the supporting documents to email@example.com. Please name the email heading as follows: “LAST NAME – FIRST NAME – Tech Fellowship – ROLE FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.”