Applications are invited for the Wyoming Creative Writing Fellowship 2022. The Creative Writing fellowships are awards of merit, based on a writer’s body of work, and honoring Wyoming’s literary artists whose work reflects serious and exceptional writing.
One fellowship will be awarded in each category of Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, and Fiction, for a total of three fellowships. Applications are juried by noted authors, literary agents, or writing professionals from outside the state. Jurors may award honorable mentions. Recipients of the Creative Writing fellowships will share their work at one of Wyoming’s literary conferences.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Must not be a full-time student pursuing high school, college, or university art-related degrees.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status (evidence of U.S. citizenship, resident status and state residency may be required).
- May not be affiliated with the Wyoming Arts Council either as a board member or staff member, including their families, whether full-time, part-time or contractual.
- May not be an employee of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources.
- Must have been domiciled within the state borders for a total of 20 months in the previous two years.
- Must remain a Wyoming resident for at least one year after award, living in the state for at least 10 months of the year.
- Applicants must register or update their information in the Wyoming Arts Council’s Artists & Venues Directory.
- Must not have received a Creative Writing fellowship within the last four years.
- May receive a total of two fellowship awards in your lifetime.
- You may not receive a Blanchan or Doubleday writing award in the same year as this award, but you may enter this competition if you were a previous Blanchan or Doubleday winner.
- You may enter the competition only once by the deadline.
- You may only enter the competition in one category (Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, Fiction).
- You’ll receive $3,000 up front.
- You will receive an honorarium/travel stipend, if applicable, to present your work at a fellowship reading at your choice of literary conference: the Casper College Literary Conference (September 2022), WyoWriters Conference (June 2023), the Jackson Hole Writer’s Conference (June 2023), or Bookmarked Literary Festival (September 2023).