Women in Technology Leaders from all around the world who are committed to empowering their communities through event planning, public speaking, content creation, and mentorship are known as ambassadors. Ambassadors are assisting in creating a future where all women may succeed in tech by providing them with exclusive resources and access to a global network.
The initiative for women in technology who want to make a difference and give back to their communities is called Women Techmakers Ambassador.
As an Ambassador, you’ll interact with your neighbourhood by taking part in one or more leadership initiatives every three months.
Ambassador applicants must be:
- 18 years old or older
- Active leaders in your tech community with at least 1 year of experience organizing events, speaking at events, creating resources like blogs or videos and/or mentoring others
- Interested in further skill development, with a genuine interest in Google technologies
- Willing to actively participate in the program and commit time to executing any of the community activities above throughout the year (~10 hours/quarter minimum commitment)
- Perform any of the following activities in your tech community at least once every 3 months: organize events, speak at an event, create resources, mentor others
- Participate in program benefits including networking events, community building, and development sessions
- Adhere to program guidelines
- Commit to our mission to build a world where all women can thrive in tech!
Ambassadors receive support from Google and the larger Ambassador community.
- Organize an event: Host a meet-up, power panel, or an International Women’s Day event to educate, connect and inspire your tech community
- Deliver a talk: Share your expertise on any topic. Previous ambassadors have shared their knowledge on Google technologies, DEI efforts, well-being, and more.
- Create a resource: Film a video, create custom code snippets, or write a blog post, and share your knowledge with the community
- Mentor others and help empower the next generation of technologists
- Network: Connect with 1000+ Ambassadors worldwide who are equally passionate about technology and creating a more diverse and inclusive industry workspaces
- Lead: Play an active role in your tech community through organizing events, speaking, creating content, or mentoring, with support from Google
- Learn: Receive exclusive access to Google-led talks and workshops on topics like developing your leadership skills and going deep on Google technologies
- Shine: Be recognized for your impactful work in the community by the global Women Techmakers team