The 12-month East Africa Leadership Journey, which is fully funded, is created to give talented mid-career women leaders in health the following: a safe space to explore their authentic leadership through reflection and vulnerability; a diverse and inclusive network that fosters a strong sense of belonging; tools and strategies for enhancing their voice, presence, and influence; and support from a strong network of peers, mentors, and coaches. The course provides contextualised frameworks and strategies to help women in leadership positions in global health today overcome personal, professional, and societal obstacles.
- If you satisfy each need listed below, you are qualified for consideration.
- claim to be a woman
- Work in a position that focuses on public health research, practice, policy, and/or collaborations
You are eligible for consideration if you meet all the following criteria:
- Identify as a woman
- Work in a role that focuses on public health policy, practice, and/or research (your work and partnerships serve populations at the national level in your country of residence or East Africa regional level and may include practicing public health in hospitals and health centers, producing research and innovation, creating or implementing policy, and managing teams/departments or projects/grants.)
- Mid-Career Leader: Possess sufficient years (10 – 20 years) of experience in public health
- Reside and work within Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan or Tanzania
- Must be a national of one of the five countries
- Possess fluency and ease in written and verbal communication in English to express the next level of emotional processing required for the Journey
- Free (all program costs, including travel and lodging, are covered)
- Open Application Period: Application period closes on January 13, 2023
- Notification Period: We will notify applicants of their acceptance status in late March 2023.
- Acceptance & Pre-Orientation Period: The 30 accepted candidates will be asked to confirm their participation by early March 2023, after which we will begin pre-Journey onboarding.