The Firehood is bringing together an incredible team of angel investors who will award one female-led startup with a $100k investment. One female-led startup will be eligible to win the prize, and it’s in addition to the Startupfest $100k Best of the Fest Investment Prize. A female founder could walk away with $200k in investment if they win over the judges of both investment prizes!
How to Pitch
Your goal over the first two days is to get at least one of the judges to shortlist your Startup:
- Time has been set aside on the stage on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons for open pitch rounds, and you’ll have 1 minute to pitch and up to 2 minutes for follow-up questions if the judges have any.
- Judges will also be roaming the Tent Village, which is another way to get their attention! So get on stage, visit the village, and bring your best hustle by connecting with as many judges as possible—after all, it just takes one judge for you to make the shortlist.
- The judges are wearing an Investor Judge badge and a green lanyard to make them easy to identify and pitch everywhere onsite. You probably want to avoid bathroom pitches, but everywhere else is fair game!
- Open to any female-led startup in attendance. For the purposes of this prize, they define a female-led startup as a startup with the most senior member of the executive team identifying as female.
- Startupfest attracts investors from across the country and around the world, many of them only speak English. Your knowledge of English is very important.
There’s no application process for this opportunity.
Startups have until the end of day on Thursday, July 14—the second day of Startupfest—to deliver their pitch. They can do so in the language of their choice, but please be aware that since Startupfest attracts investors from across the country and around the world, many of them only speak English.