The Vanderbilt University Global Anesthesiology Fellowship 2023 is currently accepting applications. In order to fill gaps in global anesthesia care, the fellowship seeks to attract and educate anesthesiologists who are motivated to having a transformational clinical, research, and instructional effect at sites across the world.
They have created a cutting-edge curriculum that takes advantage of the University’s relationships throughout the world and its well-known expertise to achieve this.
This innovative fellowship incorporates clinical service at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and may be
customized according to your interests. It may be completed in one or two years, depending on your
goals. If a two-year fellowship is chosen, completion of a Master of Public Health degree (MPH) is an
option through the Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health.
- Clinical duties consistent with the rotation
- Call – Fellowship rotations
- Call will be minimal, but will be assigned in accordance with departmental
needs and will not exceed more than one call a week
- Global anesthesia societies and organizations
- The fellow will actively participate in local, state, and national organizations
involving the advancement of responsible and transparent global anesthesia,
including the Alliance for Surgery and Anesthesia Presence
- Simulation training for residents planning an overseas rotation
- The fellow will assist with teaching within the simulation programme
The fellow will receive a salary equivalent to the Clinical Instructor rank, distributed over a 12
- Relocation allowance: $2,000 for single person/$3,000 per family
- Vacation: 4 weeks
- CME days: 1 week
- CME account
- iPad provided at fellowship start
- Applicants must have completed an approved internship and Anesthesiology residency at an
ACGME-accredited programme prior to starting the fellowship.
- Applicants must express a desire to learn about and experience global anesthesia, and
contribute an effort to expanding the research in the global burden of surgical disease
and/or the global anesthesia crisis.
- Applicants must be board-eligible or board-certified.
These are the required documents to complete your application:
- Application form
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- Reference letter from residency program director or current director, and two other current
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of residency diploma
- In-Service Training Exam Scores
- Current medical license (U.S. or other)
- Documentation of all three steps of USMLE
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned electronic applications via email in .pdf, .jpg. or .docx format are the preferred submission
mode, but faxed or mailed material will be accepted. For application purposes, emailed references are
acceptable. Signed originals must be provided on acceptance into the programme.
This application should be emailed to: email@example.com or it may be faxed to: 615-936-6493
Applications will also be accepted by mail at:
Global Health Fellowship Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, 1211 Medical Center Drive
2301, Vanderbilt University Hospital Nashville, TN 37232