The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network SDGs Advocate Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. For Nigerian youth, the SDGs Advocate Program is a three-month intense training and advocacy program.
Young actors and changemakers may gain a deeper grasp of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through the course, which consists of more than 20 lectures, unique readings, and thorough examinations (SDGs). This program’s objective is to create a network of great young leaders who will advocate for the SDGs across the country.
This programme seeks to offer youths between the ages of 18-35 years an opportunity to become one of
Nigeria’s SDGs advocates, supporting them in the achievement of the SDGs across the 36 states in
Nigeria. It promotes the active participation of youths and the creation of long-lasting change in their
communities or immediate environments whilst also contributing to global goals.
The mission of the SDGs Advocate Programme is to create a world where every primary and secondary
school student, household, or community group is equipped with the knowledge, values, and skills
necessary for effectively responding to the greatest challenges of this century and shaping a sustainable
and prosperous world.
- At the end of this programme, they aim to build exceptional advocates and leaders that
would possess vast knowledge and proven track record of working with schools and
communities to promote the level of awareness and education for Sustainable
- All Advocates are expected to lead impactful campaign in their communities and adopted
schools, that would accelerate the attainment of the 2030 Agenda. Only successful
participants in this phase would be issued a Certificate of Completion.
- Membership access to SDSN global network, thus becoming world-recognized SDG
- This programme would also establish friendly and professional connections between
youths, thus creating an avenue for sharing experiences, fur ther collaborations and the
development of joint projects between global youths in the sustainable development space.
- Applicants must be Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Able to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the programme.
- Available to partake in virtual training.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent.
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.