A full-tuition award for a female student majoring in math, science, or technology.
by Cards Against Humanity’s funding.
To apply, you must be a high school senior or an undergraduate college student.
Film a three–minute educational video of yourself explaining a STEM topic you’re passionate about. To view videos we’ve liked in the past, check out our previous videos. Your video should be:
- A mini–lecture, not a personal statement. Pretend you’re a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
- Clear, creative, accurate, and a demonstration of your passion for the subject. We value novel, memorable approaches to topics. Your video doesn’t need to be fancy or high–tech. Production value is not a factor.
- Three minutes or less in length. Videos longer than this will not be considered. No exceptions!
- About any STEM topic, not necessarily your field of study. Pick a topic that excites and fascinates you. We don’t need to hear about the latest thing in science news (unless that’s your jam).
- Scientifically accurate. We encourage you to cite the sources used to research your topic. Ideally, this would be in a slide or frame at the end of your video. You can use any citation format you’d like.
- Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public.’ No exceptions!
An advisory board of women who hold higher degrees and work in a broad range of STEM fields will review applications and select finalists. Finalists will be notified in early 2023 and will move onto the next round to submit additional materials. A winner will be announced in April 2023.
NOTE: After you submit your video, you’ll receive an email that asks you to confirm your submission. This is a required step of the application process. Unconfirmed videos will not be reviewed.
Please note: You’ll be able to edit your application, including your video link, until applications close using the link in your confirmation email. Reach out to SAS@CardsAgainstHumanity.com if you have any questions.