The fellowship is a virtual program designed to equip 25 advanced social entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and experience to scale the ventures and community initiatives they are building. Each Ford Fund Fellow will learn advanced skills in entrepreneurship and leadership, garner experience to build and transform their communities.
This virtual program is for advanced, next-generation social entrepreneurs and community leaders building ventures that create impactful and scalable innovations. Ideal applicants will demonstrate a proven track record of innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership in their community.
- $25,000 in seed funding will be distributed among the 25 Ford Fund Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- After the two week Accelerator, each Fellow will join a 14-week-long Fellowship, which includes, Leading a Basecamp in their respective community.
- A stipend will be given for logistical and administrative costs.
- Joining a monthly All Hands on Deck meeting that includes skill development workshops and opportunities to build community amongst the cohort.
- The Fellowship begins with a virtual two-week intensive Accelerator that will focus on:
- Community Building Process: Community is one of the pillars of the Fellowship experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations, and further their growth and impact as leaders in their community.
- Skill development: Lessons on fundraising, team building, transformative communication, growth mindset, technology, innovation, courage, resilience, creativity, and leadership. Fellows will be guided through the process of overcoming key challenges faced during the process of becoming transformative leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Basecamp Training: Fellow is trained and receives a stipend and logistical support to lead a three-day training (called Basecamp) in their home community to empower at least 30 additional entrepreneurial leaders per Fellow.
- Regularly attending Master Courses with the world’s leading entrepreneurs and practitioners. Past Master Course Teachers include recognized leaders of Nobel Peace Prize winning movements, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress, and the inventor of Google’s self-driving car.
- Joining a pod with other Fellows from their respective regions and checking in regularly with each other via one-on-one meetings.
At the end of the Fellowship, all of the Fellows will participate in a high-profile Demo Day (called The Summit) to share their progress and impact throughout the program.
- Applicants must be able to commit to be part of the 16-week program from October 17th, 2022, to February 24th, 2023
- Final program launch and design are pending Ford Fund approval.
- There is no cost to attend the program thanks to the generous support of Ford Fund.