Are you a business looking to reach African markets with your invention and tackling urgent challenges and in need of funding and help to fuel your growth? For the TechBridge Acceleration Program 2022, apply right away.
They are more than simply another accelerator program at Techbridge. They are a group of investors, knowledge partners, and entrepreneurs that want to support your growth and the success of your idea so it can have a bigger effect. You may take advantage of their venture-building programs, peer learning,
networks, equity investments, and knowledge partners. If you don’t want it to, your adventure with TechBridge doesn’t end. After the program, you’ll become a TechBridge Alumni and continue to participate in activities that foster networking in a community that is expanding.
- Support offered through programme coaches, mentors, trainers and experts is tailored for
each enterprise based on extensive analysis of the enterprise’s growth gaps and hurdles.
- The TechBridge Accelerator offers an equity based investment opportunity of up to
$200,000 for startups meeting its investment criteria. They also provide an opportunities to
pitch externally to an international network of investors after 6 months of the programme.
- The programme offers a unique knowledge transfer approach through tailored content from
TechBridge’s international knowledge partners.
- Each selected companies will get access to TechBridge’s Hub and desk-space for operations
for up to 3 years.
- Access to a vibrant community of founders and professional talents. TechBridge also
facilitate introduction to their wide network of industry experts and innovators.
- They compliment knowledge and support through their curated tools and resources
designed to fast track your growth.
They are looking for you the entrepreneur with an innovative solution for African markets
that has drive, commercial mindset, ability to implement, and willingness to pivot, adapt and
They are looking for:
- Product companies with a proven working prototype, launching customers
and high customer value to production costs.
- Service and Software: companies with minimum 6 months of customerbased operations and decent customer base and good customer retention.
- Services/software/product companies minimum 6 months of customerbased operations with a solid business model and good customer retention.
- Ready-to-scale – the tech solution is safe to use by thousands of users and can be deployed
in a new country with minimal adaptation effort if the conditions for scale are met.
- Clear problem-solution fit – ability to demonstrate that the company solves a problem that is
relevant to the East African market with an easy-to-understand solution and clear benefits to
- Innovative – it solves a problem in a unique way/ or does so better than what exits
- Proven concept – the tech solution is in the advanced stages of product development
(ideally, has already launched a beta), has significant ‘results in the real world and has
- Impactful – the company has achieved meaningful high-impact indicators linked to 1 or
more of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Safe-to-use – the solution is safe to use technically from a code, data privacy and cyber
security perspective. (e.g. Open Source or proprietary developed with the founders )
- Meaningful use of technology – the company is able to demonstrate that it creates value
Apply now to join the next accelerator and get venture-building support and up to $200,000 in equity
investment. The next cohort will begin in March 2023.