She Code Africa Mentorship Program is an opportunity for passionate upcoming girls/women who are beginners or intermediates in tech and in need of a guide.
This learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields with dedicated mentors and a detailed learning curriculum for 3 months virtually on any of these tracks; Software Engineering, Product, or Data.
- An active member of the She Code Africa Community, If you are not? You can sign up here
- Must have made some learning progress in their specified field
- Must have a proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields
- Must have a functioning Laptop
- Must be able to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities
How to Apply
- Step 1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
- Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance/rejection mail
- Step 3: Upon being accepted, the pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on our slack community (you would be added automatically to this )
- Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and teammates
- Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning path in your field for the next 3 months
- Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
- Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
- – Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
– Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
- Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off our preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA.