The PlasticWize Fellowship is a leadership development program focused on empowering young female students across universities and polytechnics in Nigeria to become key sustainability leaders who will lead creative environmental campaigns and projects on their campuses to tackle plastic pollution.
This fellowship is powered by U-recycle Initiative Africa with the support of The Government of Canada and Challenge Works through the Afri-Plastics Challenge.
- Comprehensive training and Impactful sessions from exceptional Global Experts.
- Gain lifelong and life-changing leadership skills and access mentorship from seasoned professionals; a valuable opportunity for emerging environmentalists and sustainability leaders.
- Access to global and local opportunities and networks that can advance your personal development.
- Earn CV-worthy experience and global recognition.
- Gain first-hand experience in developing creative and innovative youth-focused environmental projects.
- During the fellowship win exciting prizes and incentives including swag items, goodies and gadgets. At the end of the fellowship in January, Stand a Chance to Win a paid vacation trip to a Tourist Resort in Nigeria (T&C Apply).
- Be a female undergraduate (students in polytechnics and state universities are strongly encouraged to apply).
- Be passionate about the environment and have a basic understanding of plastic pollution.
- Be willing to dedicate a total of 10 hours spread across a comprehensive Bootcamp.
- Must be available to implement environmental projects (fully funded by us) at your university.
- Have access to a laptop & internet connection.
- Be an innovative individual ready to inspire and mobilize your peers to tackle plastic pollution.
- Be willing to commit 8-15 hours per month for project implementation during selected weeks at the latter part of the fellowship.
- Have Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.