The Metaverse Programme aims to celebrate diversity, educate gifted designers and architects from African nations on Metaverse Design Thinking through workshops and lectures, and give them access to a long-lasting professional network to close the knowledge gap between Western and African nations enable them to compete in a global market.
Participants will receive instruction from tutors from various academic fields and countries. They are committed to assisting the participants during the workshops and in the future. They are seasoned experts with a wide network in their specialised sector.
The Professional Certificate Programme from African Youth Architects Research Lab, 01X, and Afoma enabling you to:
- Learn in-person from renowned educators and leading professionals.
- Network with an accomplished group of peers from around the globe.
- Receive a complimentary one-year subscription to AYA education review upon completion of the programme.
- Receive updates on education research, new programmes, and AYA initiatives.
- Your studies will also provide you with the opportunity to critically reflect on your current position and prepare you for a changing Africa’s education context. There will be opportunities to creatively plan and develop global networks to support you with your continued career development beyond this program.
- Open to anyone who is profoundly interested in Metaverse Design and Blockchain technology.
- Be an African who holds a bachelor’s degree (at a minimum).
- Current undergraduate student studying art, design or architecture.
- College students who want to learn from AYA Research Lab and organization experts.
- Art, design, or architecture teaching position in a higher education institution.
- All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language or French and are required to provide evidence of this, have internet access during the programme period and a computer.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on November 20, 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
To receive AYA financial aid or a scholarship, you’ll need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Personal statement
- One reference (on letter headed paper, signed and dated)
- Applicants will be required to respond to a Category Tool survey during their induction to the programme to confirm their eligibility for the programme.