The KAUST Global Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 is now accepting applications. The Water, Environment, Digital Domain, Food & Health, and Energy research pillars as well as the programs of the KAUST academic divisions of Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE), Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE), and Physical Science and Engineering are supported by the KAUST Global Fellowship Program (PSE).
This is a special chance to start a new adventure, determine your professional path in the future, and work toward your goal of being acknowledged for the brilliance and impact of your research. The program assists you in making the transition to an independent research job that is competitive and in creating your own future professional path. In addition to working and living at KAUST, KAUST Global Fellows are required to work in one of the research laboratories on campus, in Saudi Arabia.
- Each proposal receives an independent annual research budget of up to $45,000, along with
a yearly living stipend of $75,000 plus benefits including medical insurance, accommodation,
schooling, relocation, and travel allowances to focus on your independent research on a fulltime basis.
- Easy access to research tools, equipment, unparalleled laboratory facilities and expertise
working with your host Faculty Primary Investigator (PI) at KAUST. KAUST offers adequate
support and opportunities to create impact through your research, whether it leads to a
potential new discovery, invention, influential results and/or publications.
- Unlimited access to a variety of Learning & Development programmes including KAUST
Mentoring Programme, Harvard Higher Education Teaching Certificate, and Leadership
Programmes/Certificates. The Global Fellowship seminar shall also contribute to your
personal & professional development with thematic sessions, VIP speakers, workshops,
networking opportunities, and shared learning from the other fellows and alumni.
- KAUST facilitates the introduction and networking between the KAUST research community
and a global set of external organizations operating in academia, industry, government
agencies, funding bodies and other external partners towards the development of
- Must be within four years of earning their Ph.D. or have a maximum of four years of post Ph.D. research experience with a justified career break;
- Must expect to complete their Ph.D. prior to the start of their Fellowship;
- Must be ready to move in KAUST to undertake their proposed three-year research project.
Candidates need to satisfy all Kingdom of Saudi Arabia requirements to obtain resident status;
- Must have a KAUST faculty member agreeing to host the applicant and support their
independent research under this Fellowship, if successful. Applicants will need to include
supportive evidence in regard to this agreement between them and the KAUST PI (e.g. Host
PI support letter or email confirmation)
- People of all nationalities are welcome to apply. They encourage female applications for a
better gender balance in science.
- Focus in one or more of the KAUST five Research Pillars: Water, Energy, the Environment,
Food & Health, and the Digital domain
- Have a 3-year duration
- Follow the budget and financial guidelines of the call
- Use the templates provided
Before applying, download and carefully read the instructions, materials and templates:
- Application Guidelines
- Instructions to Applicants
- Host confirmation letter Template
- Research Proposal Template
The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application form:
- Most recent CV (max 4 pages)
- Research proposal (template)
- Two publications (links or attachments)
- KAUST Host PI letter (template)
- Two reference letters to be received from referees via emai