The Japan-Africa Investment Drive (JAID) 2023 is now accepting applications. The Japan-Africa Investment Drive is a cohort-based investment accelerator with the goal of “clinically” matching high-potential African startups with appropriate Japanese VCs. It also offers close support to both the startup and the investor throughout the engagement to maximize the likelihood of investment.
Eight African startups will be chosen and given funding support. It is anticipated that up to 15 active Japanese investors would take part. Investors and companies will participate in serious discussions for two months.
- Potential direct Investment: 8 selected startups will be considered for direct investment
from partner venture capital firm Japan strategic Capital (JSC) co.
- Warm intros: Selected startups will be introduced to a curated list of more than 15
Japanese VCs. Close support will also be provided during the engagement with investors,
from scheduling meetings to translating pitch decks and proving translators during meetings
with the investor.
- Fundraising support: Selected startups will be provided with comprehensive legal, cultural
and administrative support throughout the fundraising process. Tailored (1-on-1) training
and group seminars will also be provided on how to attract and close Japanese investment.
- Open to high-potential African startups.
- Startup should have an MVP and be investment ready.
December 19, 2022: Applications close and 8 startups are selected.
Investment accelerator, defining investment fit, Pitch refinement, Intro to Japanese venture
January 31, 2023: Demo day, Investor intros, Follow-up engagements
Are you fundraising? Apply to join the first cohort of JAID!