Professionals and dedicated volunteers can work for two to three months in an intercultural context, network internationally, and learn new skills thanks to the ifa CrossCulture Programme (CCP) Fellowships.
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds professionals and dedicated volunteers from up to 40 countries each year through the CCP Fellowships. Participants improve their knowledge, make new relationships, and develop intercultural skills over two to three months of work-related stays in host organisations in Germany or CCP partner countries. The host organisations gain from the CCP Fellows’ experience, local knowledge, and networks in return. Participants may also go to workshops on cross-cultural communication and CCP-hosted networking and business events. Participants then apply their newly acquired experience to their home organisation after returning to their regular working lives.
In 2023, fellowships will be offered as on-site fellowships. Subject to funding by the German Federal Foreign Office and based on their situation and COVID-19 entry requirements, participants may decide to participate as well as digital fellow.
- The applicant must be at least 23 years old at the time of the application.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been or is socially engaged for the long term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in their field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses further language skills, particularly German.
Fellowships are principally awarded to people working in one of the following fields:
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
In 2023, the following key topics will also be focussed on:
- Digital civil society
- Climate justice
Primarily, CCP Fellowships promote civil society actors, strengthening them in their work. This includes the following support and offers:
- Collaboration with a guest organisation from the CCP network, either on site or online
- Mentoring for the duration of the fellowship
- Online / on site professional training in the fellow’s field of work, taking their individual and professional aims into account
- Networking with other CCP Fellowship holders
- Inclusion in the CCP alumni network
- For fellowship holders focussing on one of the key topics of CCP: participation in a professional event
The ifa will cover the following costs for participants from abroad:
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros plus the coverage of costs for round-trip airfare, accommodation, monthly public transportation ticket within the fellow’s city of residence, health insurance, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred.