The Ashley Lashley Foundation is seeking applications for its HEY Global Climate Fund to assist three selected young climate activists on their projects.
Passionate individuals are encouraged to apply based on topics which fall under any of the following:
- Climate Change and Health: This would see projects or ideas which showcase the linkage between the change in climate and its effects on health including waterborne diseases, increase mental health awareness or diet and nutrition, amongst others.
- Climate Change and Gender: This would see projects or ideas which have made the linkage between climate change and gender highlighting solutions to which would address the vulnerabilities faced by vulnerable groups within the climate crisis. These projects or ideas would see to raise awareness and solutions with gender at its core.
- Climate Advocacy: Under climate advocacy, the applicant(s) projects or ideas must be able to demonstrate how they have been or will be using their voices and unified voices within their communities. These projects or ideas must be focused on impacts and outcomes, aiding to unite the climate action call nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Climate Entrepreneurship: With a focus on entrepreneurship and innovation in the climate change sphere, projects or ideas including renewable energy; energy efficiency and sustainability; environmental engineering; climate adaptation; resilient and clean technologies; carbon reduction; food production; design; or other innovative fields addressing climate challenges today and in the future.
- The selected projects will be rewarded $5,000 USD each.
- All applicants must be between the ages of thirteen (13) and twenty-seven (27).
- Applicants must submit a proposal based on a project, or idea surrounding the topics: Climate Change and Health, Climate Change and Gender, Climate Advocacy and Climate Entrepreneurship.
- This fund is open globally and is extended to countries which are a part of the following regions:
- The Caribbean
- Latin America
- North America
Any applications submitted to the Foundation’s email will not be considered. If there are any difficulties uploading or submitting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consent will be needed from each applicant and also from the parent/guardian of anyone under the age of 18 years old. Information submitted will remain confidential and within the organization and among the evaluations committee.